Easy Banana Chocolate Trail Mix
Also known at the funky-monkey, banana grand slam, George’s Go To, or Planet of the Snacks – try this practically healthy trail mix!
- Bowl to mix in
- Measuring cups
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup banana chips
- 1 cup toasted coconut ribbons (you can toast your own if necessary, see endnotes)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the walnuts, pecans, and cashews on a baking sheet and toast them in your oven for 6-8 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and smell fragrant. Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Once the baking sheet is cool, add all the other ingredients and mix them together. Store in a sealed bag.
- If your coconut is not toasted, place it on a separate baking sheet and toast it in the oven for 4-5 minutes. Coconut will toast faster and burn easier than the nuts so keep a close eye on it.
(adapted from The Endless Meal)