Accidental Fudge

When testing a s’mores recipe (that ended in disaster) I accidentally melted the marshmallows with the chocolate, causing it to seize. Well, turns out that makes a really easy and tasty fudge!


  • Microwave safe bowl
  • Spoon to stir
  • Wax paper
  • Something to roll out fudge: a big can or bottle will work in a pinch


  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • ½ cup milk chocolate chips
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows


  1. Pull out a strip of wax paper, about 10-12 inches long

  2. Gently melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring often to prevent burning.

  3. When the chocolate is melted, add the two cups of marshmallows and place back in the microwave for about 10 seconds.

  4. Stir immediately, you will notice the chocolate start to seize. When you have a cohesive ‘dough’ you can spread the mix over a prepared sheet of wax paper.

  5. Fold the paper over the fudge, leaving several inches of space on either side so the fudge has room to spread.

  6. Gently roll out the fudge between the wax paper until it’s between ¼-½ inch thick. Let the fudge set at room temp until completely cool.

  7. Unfold the wax paper and cut the fudge into cubes. 

Notes: You can store this in the fridge, however this will make the fudge stiffer and you will want it to sit at room temp for a while to soften again. 

Share This Blog!

Scroll to Top