When testing a s’mores recipe (that ended in disaster) I accidentally melted the marshmallows with the chocolate, causing it to seize. Well, turns out that makes a really easy and tasty fudge!
- Microwave safe bowl
- Spoon to stir
- Wax paper
- Something to roll out fudge: a big can or bottle will work in a pinch
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Pull out a strip of wax paper, about 10-12 inches long
- Gently melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring often to prevent burning.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the two cups of marshmallows and place back in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Stir immediately, you will notice the chocolate start to seize. When you have a cohesive ‘dough’ you can spread the mix over a prepared sheet of wax paper.
- Fold the paper over the fudge, leaving several inches of space on either side so the fudge has room to spread.
- Gently roll out the fudge between the wax paper until it’s between ¼-½ inch thick. Let the fudge set at room temp until completely cool.
- Unfold the wax paper and cut the fudge into cubes.
Notes: You can store this in the fridge, however this will make the fudge stiffer and you will want it to sit at room temp for a while to soften again.